"What The Hell Do I Do Now?" Thread ~ GUILDTY!

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Postby Lest » Tue Feb 17, 2009 5:41 am

Hi all... Not sure i'll be on regular enough to play... but my powers of deduction will make me a willing gawper!!!!

Lest
Remember the monemts... They're less painful than the memories.....
Lest

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Tue Feb 17, 2009 10:55 am

Thanks for the interest Lest - as you saw we need several more people to play this, so for now plans are shelved. If we do get more people around who would like to play in a more interactive game like this then we'll bump this thread again and see what happens. :D
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Postby TheMole » Wed Feb 18, 2009 5:59 pm

:D Hey, sarge Jan, can I volunteer too?
Mr Brown goes off to town on the 8:21
But he comes home each evening and he’s ready with his gun
TheMole

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Wed Feb 18, 2009 6:09 pm

:lol: Hi Mole thanks for volunteering - maybe I was a little hasty in winding sign-ups down...?

Players so far:

cols
Dotsie
Tonyblack (gawping preferred though)
The Mole

Interested Gawpers
Lest
Chris

Right folks - will keep this open anyway and then, when we get a reasonable number of people posting interest I'll PM around and if you're still OK to go we'll kick start it again :twisted:

BTW Mole - as the pre-bumped off corpse I'll be 'ghosting' as the Narrator but I will be advising the Watch for the duration in an impartial capacity as I'll be doing the same for the Assassins - so I won't be a Sarge even though I'm pretty good at shouting :lol:

Will post another teaser role for this in a few day's time maybe depending on whether anyone else posts as we've had some people returning to the fold and newcomers too of course - so Watch this space!
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Thu Feb 19, 2009 1:44 am

On this one I think just a Gawper bit too out of touch. :shock:
Who's Wee Dug

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:14 am

That's OK WWD :D
Although now I'm thinking perhaps we have a maximum window of a week for the 'day phase' voting to send folk to gaol and then if everyone does get in to vote before that 7 day limit we can immediately go to a night phase - takes most of the pressure off getting in then, although the 7 days will be a cutoff and no extensions for those who didn't get in. The kill vote we can do similar of course although that's going to be done by PM instead of posting the nominations... :wink:

Gawpers are excepted of course as they don't need to vote or nominate anyone so you can just turn up and get partisan as you like :P

Have now updated the opening post in blue on the timing aspects :wink:
Jan Van Quirm

Postby WannabeAngua » Fri Feb 27, 2009 7:20 pm

Oh, please, please, pretty please can I play too??? *looking to Jan with huge, blue, tearful,pleading eyes*

But be warned, have never done anything like this before...perhaps a trialrun. Or you could be up for a LOT of pm questions Jan...
There were no public health laws in Ankh-Morpork. It would be like installing smoke detectors in Hell.
- Feet of clay.
WannabeAngua

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Fri Feb 27, 2009 8:47 pm

:D More the merrier Wannabeangua! No previous experience is required and PMs are part of the game so no worries there!

So this is what we look like for now -

Players so far:
cols
Dotsie
The Mole
Wannabeangua

Interested Gawpers
Lest
Chris
Whos' Wee Dug

:lol: Well we're getting close to having enough people to play a decent game and maybe letting Tony get back to some quiet(ish) gawping. Will get another teaser in here tomorrow I think :wink:
Jan Van Quirm

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Sat Feb 28, 2009 9:38 pm

Well we're still not ready to go but another couple of 'proper' recruits and we will be so here's something for people to chew on whilst we idle here a little longer... :twisted:

So far we have 2 killers out there - Mr Pin and Jonathan Teatime (Tay-ahh-Tim-ehh)
and 2 cops to chase them - Sgt. Angua and the Special the Librarian...

... well we could maybe have another full-time copper instead of that lovely Orang-utan if the Players would rather have the benefit f his experience on the case?
So something to think over lovely sign-up folks :twisted: - would you prefer...

Corporal Nobby Nobbs
The epitome of a street cop Cpl. Nobbs always has his finger right on the pulse of the murky underbelly of Ankh-Morpork’s vibrantly seedy movers and shakers – and so usually manages to attend his many duties as far away from the action as he can. His skills and contacts are therefore in demand just now and he may be drafted in to assist Sgt. Angua in her enquiries. Every night phase he will inform the Narrator (Jan) whom he wishes to be brought in for interrogation…

Those assassins had just better watch it huh? :lol:

So a bit of interaction as to who gets to be '2nd cop' - will be setting up that little election once we're ready to start :wink:
Jan Van Quirm

Postby thelibrarian » Wed Oct 21, 2009 7:37 am

I know that there hasn't been any activity in this thread for quite a while, but if there is ever renewed interest then I would definitely be up for playing. I've been involved in a few games like this on different sites, they are a lot of fun and a great way to get to know fellow posters.
thelibrarian

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Wed Oct 21, 2009 1:38 pm

Wow - :shock: this thread is turning out to be a Zombie :lol:

The forum's got a lot more members since the last bump back in the year so I suppose we could revive if some newcomers haven't seen it and want to have a go now

Currently we have a list of these Players
cols
Dotsie
The Mole ?
Wannabeangua
theLibrarian

and these Interested Gawpers
Lest
Chris
Who's Wee Dug

Some of whom (The Mole & Lest) haven't been around for a bit. I'm not in a good place for 'narrating' just now but that might change if we take another few months to get to magic number of 7 players :lol: , so come in and express interest and we'll worry about getting this on when we have a full or better roster of active players (as opposed to lacksadaisical gawpers)... :twisted:
Last edited by Jan Van Quirm on Wed Oct 21, 2009 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jan Van Quirm

Postby bikkit » Wed Oct 21, 2009 6:27 pm

B-b-but i wanna pway can i pway twoo. Pwease?

I'm going to need a swat team, ready to mobilize, street maps covering the whole of florida, a pot of coffee, 12 jammy dodgers and A FEZ.
bikkit

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Wed Oct 21, 2009 7:02 pm

'Course you can yummy Bikkit :D

Would you like to play a Townsperson/potential corpse... (or possible Assassin/Watch member? :twisted: ) or just have a good gawp and gossip :wink:
Jan Van Quirm

Postby Sjoerd3000 » Wed Oct 21, 2009 8:37 pm

Wow haven´t seen this thread before :D I want to play too 8)
Lance-constable Sjoerd reporting for duty! :D
A poster outside one shop urged people to Dig For Victory, as if it were some kind of turnip.
Sjoerd3000

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Wed Oct 21, 2009 8:47 pm

Good, good - :D

Same question to you as to Bikkit - you wanna be a full player or just lurk and gawp a bit? :lol:
Jan Van Quirm

PreviousNext

Return to Games