North American Discworld Convention 2009

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Postby Catch-up » Fri Sep 04, 2009 6:42 pm

:lol: Are you kidding?! I know how well recorded these events are. I've seen plenty of photos and video of past events. :shock: I will behave. :wink:
Catch-up

Postby chris.ph » Fri Sep 04, 2009 6:55 pm

i wouldnt :lol: :lol:
measuring intelligence by exam results is like measuring digestion by turd length
chris.ph

Postby Tonyblack » Fri Sep 04, 2009 7:37 pm

Give my regards to erm... Arizona. I'll be there in less than a month. :wink:

Safe journey Susanne! :D
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby Tina a.k.a.SusanSto.Helit » Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:42 pm

I envy the lot of you. I hope Sir Terry is in good enough health by the time I get to go to one.
Aha! So, Bob's yer uncle... very clever.
Tina a.k.a.SusanSto.Helit

Location: Byron IL USA and The Quirm School for Young People ... it's genetic, you know

Postby Beth » Sat Sep 05, 2009 12:59 am

Suzanne, Ratty can you distribute hugs around to Kris and oh everybody...hugs to everybody.
"If I'd known I was going to live this long, I would have taken better care of myself!" Eubie Blake on turning 100
Beth

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Sat Sep 05, 2009 7:27 am

Tina a.k.a.SusanSto.Helit wrote:I envy the lot of you. I hope Sir Terry is in good enough health by the time I get to go to one.
Tina at the opening cermony today Terry did say he would not be opposed to coming back for another Discworld one in the states so keep an eye out and a ear open (not literely)or watch this space in about 2 years or less his health permitting. :D
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby Tina a.k.a.SusanSto.Helit » Sat Sep 05, 2009 10:15 pm

Thank you, that puts a bright spot on me weekend. :D
Aha! So, Bob's yer uncle... very clever.
Tina a.k.a.SusanSto.Helit

Location: Byron IL USA and The Quirm School for Young People ... it's genetic, you know

Postby Beth » Sun Sep 06, 2009 3:15 am

Maybe that one I'll be able to make too. It would be nice to meet you Tina and other American members as well. At the Birmingham con there was a lady who did a brilliant Nanny Ogg. She was with a friend and I could hear they were Americans but I never really got a chance to chat with them until the last day. She has been blessed with a head of Oggish iron gray curls by nature and she's shorter and really was perfect as Nanny. She even brought a big toy cat to carry around as Greebo. Anyway, we chatted on the last day of the con and wonder of wonders it turned out that they were from my home town of Houston, TX. :D So, when I went home for my daughter's wedding I invited Peg (that's her name) and my family really liked her and then when I went home in May we met up for Scrabble and chat and really hit it off. So, she's at the con in Phoenix right now and will give me a full report next week when I go home over drinks and er...drinks. :) Did anyone else meet Peg in Birmingham?
"If I'd known I was going to live this long, I would have taken better care of myself!" Eubie Blake on turning 100
Beth

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Tue Sep 08, 2009 7:10 pm

Tina a.k.a.SusanSto.Helit wrote:Thank you, that puts a bright spot on me weekend. :D
And there is more I'm still here at the Mo,in a B&N bookstore typing on my little netbook before I catch my flight later today.

When I'm back I can give you more details.
:D
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby Tonyblack » Tue Sep 08, 2009 7:11 pm

Have a safe flight Dug! :D
Tonyblack

Postby Catch-up » Tue Sep 08, 2009 8:36 pm

I'm back! :D Had a wonderful time and got to meet so many people, including Who's Wee Dug! :D He was wonderful. Beth I'm sorry to say I didn't meet Peg. If I'd known earlier, I would have kept an eye out for her.

The charity auction raised $22,000!! And Terry said it was the best convention he'd ever been to. :D Of course, that was right after the bellydancers so that might have influenced him. :wink:
Catch-up

Postby Tonyblack » Tue Sep 08, 2009 8:44 pm

Great to have you back Susanne! :D
Tonyblack

Postby Exp. Date, the rat » Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:13 pm

Catch-up wrote:I'm back! :D Had a wonderful time and got to meet so many people, including Who's Wee Dug! :D He was wonderful.

I guess it wasn't such a joy meeting me then!? :cry: :cry: :cry:

Catch-up wrote:The charity auction raised $22,000!! And Terry said it was the best convention he'd ever been to. :D Of course, that was right after the bellydancers so that might have influenced him. :wink:

DAMN YOU #135!!!! WE SHALL HAVE OUR REVENGE!!!!

It was an pretty amazing auction! I actually won an item! I won a UK paperback copy of Hogfather movie tie in with Michelle Dockery as Susan on the cover for $65 and that was one of the cheapest items!!!! NO LIE!!!

Soon photos will be posted!
A legal Feegle? How could there be such a thing?
Today I feel like I am soaring like a tortoise!
Exp. Date, the rat

Postby Exp. Date, the rat » Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:25 pm

PHOTOS!

Sorry for the fuzzy photos. Camera was a little off. Might have been the HEAT!

Exp. Date, the rat's NADWCon 2009 Photos
A legal Feegle? How could there be such a thing?
Today I feel like I am soaring like a tortoise!
Exp. Date, the rat

Postby Beth » Wed Sep 09, 2009 2:24 am

Love the photos Rat. Suzanne, Peg dresses as Nanny Ogg, pipe and all but she even looks like Nanny Ogg in her regular clothes!! I'll see her next week.
Beth

PreviousNext

Return to Terry Pratchett