Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Re: How do you feel today? 3

Postby ChristianBecker » Sat May 12, 2012 12:22 pm

Wot Toothy said!
On with their heads! I'm the clown prince of fools
if you don't get the joke it's your loss
Love and laughter you see are the new currency
'cause greed's coinage is not worth a toss

Exile yourself to the unforgiving continent of Wraeclast!
ChristianBecker

Postby Catch-up » Sat May 12, 2012 12:44 pm

Spidey, sorry you're not feeling well either. Hope you get better soon!

Author, so glad things worked out.

Con, so sorry you're feeling down. It sounds like you're moving from someplace you like. You'll feel better when the transition is past and you're settled into your lovely new home!

Bob, best of luck on the exams!
“It is the peculiar nature of the world to go on spinning no matter what sort of heartbreak is happening.”
― Sue Monk Kidd, The Secret Life of Bees:
Catch-up

Postby LilMaibe » Sat May 12, 2012 4:22 pm

Tell me, why do you people always have to make fun of me when the doctor's not avaiable? You want me to hurt myself, don't you?

EDIT: Honestly, why is it that each bloody effing time i find something I enjoy, that makes me laugh, and be it just for a few minutes I can bet my arse that within the next 24 hours something will happen to trigger a depression again :( It's not fair.
LilMaibe

Postby Tonyblack » Sat May 12, 2012 4:42 pm

LilMaibe wrote:Tell me, why do you people always have to make fun of me when the doctor's not avaiable? You want me to hurt myself, don't you?

EDIT: Honestly, why is it that each bloody effing time i find something I enjoy, that makes me laugh, and be it just for a few minutes I can bet my arse that within the next 24 hours something will happen to trigger a depression again :( It's not fair.

I see you changed your original post from "kill myself" to "hurt myself".

Please don't blame us for your depression.

I've already said my piece to you about walking away from the board if you are depressed. If you can't handle criticism or a difference of opinion to your own, then you shouldn't be posting here.

I strongly suggest that you turn off your computer and go and do something else instead.
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby LilMaibe » Sat May 12, 2012 4:45 pm

I apologise.
Gods, I really need different medications. these only make things worse. (and i nearly choked on one)
LilMaibe

Postby raptornx01 » Sat May 12, 2012 5:27 pm

Did you ever consider, oh i don't know, doing it yourself? Stop relying on meds if they aren't working, or do something in ADDITION to them?

Look, you don't think other people here deal with depression? or think about ending it? I know I do. I deal with it every single day. I don't whine about it. i don't come here and lay it out for others. I do, what you, or anyone, should do. get off your butt and DO SOMETHING, or hell, sit on your butt and do something. but do something, don't dwell on it. that only makes it worse. it may give a little bit of comfort to talk about sometimes, even if people who don't go through it don't understand, or just say "get over it", but the best thing to do is focus your attention on something else. take your mind off of it.

Trust me, i know, it can't always be helped, it can come out of nowhere and smash you in the face. thinking the wrong things can trigger it, and it can make you think the wrong things. a vicious cycle. and it can and will drain all motivation from you. its like it feeds on it. but it can help if you keep busy. watch tv, get a hobby, play a game, go out, listen to music. find things that you can focus on.

How do you think i even got into these books in the first place? there were three bad times for me, right before i go to bed, right after i wake up, and when i'm at work cause i've done the work so long i go on automatic and that leaves my mind to think of other things, which, as you know, is the worst thing you can do. i can't do much about the first 2, but for work I tried changing positions to keep the work fresh, but they are arses about it. I tried listening to music at work, and that helped for a bit, but after awhile it became background noise.

then i hit on the key, spoken word. it started with comedy albums. because you need to put a part of your brain to following whats being said to keep up it means your attention is else where. it helped, alot. but i only had a few so i started downloading more. i actually have quite a large collection now. and a few of the comedians had auudiobooks, like geogre carlin and al franken. they were better because they were longer.

and i would look for more. as i did, TP's name kept coming up under comedy, i never heard of him. and only heard the name discworld in passing. (i honestly confused it with ringworld) i skipped on it for a bit. choosing others first, but eventually i said what the hell and tried the first one. I liked it and said screw it and DLed the entire series (they were up to making money at the time i think, or possibly the one before that). I've gotten lots of other AB since, from him and various other authors, but thats why i have them (and i enjoy them) and why you won't see me at work without my Creative Zen MP3 player.

Its not perfect and it still hits me, especially since i got my own place two years ago. but it works. i found a way to cope. if you find things you enjoy, keep doing it. fight it back, don't let it get ahold of you, find more things. you see something that makes you down, look at something else. you start going down that mental path, find a way to take a detour before you get to weak to do anything else. But for god sakes don't put all you attention into it, or try to use it as a crutch. you'll only hurt yourself more.
Last edited by raptornx01 on Sat May 12, 2012 5:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"The reason an author needs to know the rules of grammar isn't so he or she never breaks them, but so the author knows how to break them."
raptornx01

Postby The Mad Collector » Sat May 12, 2012 5:30 pm

Well said raptornx01, Terry is a great help in lifting spirits
One of those? Oh I'm sure I have one somewhere..

http://www.bearsonthesquare.com
The Mad Collector

Postby LilMaibe » Sat May 12, 2012 5:36 pm

Thank you...somehow. I have hobbies...but noone to share them with around me. This includes the books. It's a miserable situation and vicious cycle. And I'm out of ideas. I just want to apologise again to those I offended
(And I wish I wouldn't live so far away form a good Sauna)
LilMaibe

Postby Joolz » Sun May 13, 2012 5:39 pm

Got loose teeth :( Playing silly buggers with the little fella and got a gob full of head :shock: Was my blood and snot all over today Oh Well dentist tomorrow
Tune the world out, turn the radio up
Sing along to my freedom song
Joolz

Postby The Mad Collector » Sun May 13, 2012 6:50 pm

Oops Joolz, a little too boisterous maybe. :shock:

Hope you don't need dental work and the little man is OK

The Mad Collector

Postby Joolz » Sun May 13, 2012 7:33 pm

He's fine :) Thinks its hilarious :doh: :lol:
Tune the world out, turn the radio up
Sing along to my freedom song
Joolz

Postby The Mad Collector » Sun May 13, 2012 7:40 pm

:lol: :lol:

The Mad Collector

Postby Tonyblack » Sun May 13, 2012 7:50 pm

Joolz wrote:He's fine :) Thinks its hilarious :doh: :lol:

:lol: Reminds me of when my brother asked one of my sons to show him his kickboxing moves. My brother got his nose broken. :lol:
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby The Mad Collector » Sun May 13, 2012 7:52 pm

LilMaibe has left the forum. I cannot say I'm surprised but I'm sorry to see her go and I wish her well in sorting herself out :(

The Mad Collector

Postby Conforumist » Sun May 13, 2012 10:45 pm

The Mad Collector wrote:LilMaibe has left the forum. I cannot say I'm surprised but I'm sorry to see her go and I wish her well in sorting herself out :(

How do you know? PM? I notice her avatar is gone. I PM'd her yesterday, to try and cheer her up; hugs and kisses and stuff.

I don't know what happened, but the comments toward her seemed harsh. It just didn't seem to fit with our Family/friendly forum motto; specially since she struggles with some things. :(
The greatest things in life are not things.
Conforumist

PreviousNext

Return to The Broken Drum