Tell Us Your Stupid Stories !!

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Tell Us Your Stupid Stories !!

Postby ghostsecurity28 » Fri Mar 09, 2012 2:17 pm

I was talking to a guy at work and as I am a completely random kind of person I told him a Story of something Stupid I did as a child, Kind of hoping I wasn't the only person that did stupid stuff so I thought why not share in our Tales of woe.

aged around 8 years old I lived in a road that had far too many sparrows nesting one of the nest sites a house around the corner became littered with featherless baby sparrows easily 10 babies on the front lawn I went around them and found one admitally its skull was showing through the skin but it was still alive I thought maybe I could rescue it so I placed it in a box that I could return to later. I wouldn't be allowed to take it into the house as I was only 8 and as I was easily distracted I forgot to go back to the box when I realised the mistake I couldn't go back knowing full well it would be dead :cry:
I have made up for that error by rescuing a Baby hedgehog, Small fledglings and a water vole my cat caught and I regulary donate to animal causes.

Around 15 years old I worked in a riding for the disabled association stable and there was a lad I knew from school when I had a shared lesson with him I was quite prepared to try and prove I was a good rider, Unfortunately I was put on a small pony which I was unhappy riding and thought better jump properly just to make up for it I went over the Jump and ultimately fell off, shaking my head I stood up dusted down my jodphurs and got back on where I went over the jump again and again I fell off I was so embarrassed I burst into tears :oops:

When I first started working for Royal mail I was Hand stamping some Parcels when one I came across I was curious what was in it it was slightly broken I was working with 2 other men when I shook it kind of laughing away as you did the bloody thing fell out it wasn't quite what I expected to happen . This huge bright pink vibrator with a post it note stuck on it saying it does not work staring at me from a metre away. I hurriedly picked it up sealed the box back up and sent it on its merry way the guys found it hilarious again I was just embarrassed. When I had my Moped and rode it to work I thought lets be cocky as you usually are when you are younger and zigzag through the carpark to get to the bikeshed on this particular occasion I clipped a car placing a large scratch down its side nothing compared to the whole right side of my bike getting ripped off and costing me 500 to fix, I did not search out the car owner [out of guilt for the paint damage] and its probably still a mystery for him/her to this day. :?
And in Heather's case, there were sometimes Third Thoughts and Fourth Thoughts, although these were quite difficult to manage and sometimes led her to walk into doors
ghostsecurity28

Re: Tell Us Your Stupid Stories !!

Postby Del » Fri Mar 09, 2012 2:43 pm

Ghost wrote:the bloody thing fell out it wasn't quite what I expected to happen . This huge bright pink vibrator with a post it note stuck on it saying it does not work staring at me from a metre away
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Stories..... nah haven't got a one! :lol:
Just keep swimming... just keep swimming.. just keep swimming....
Del

Postby Batty » Fri Mar 09, 2012 2:46 pm

You may as well rename this thread: 'Del Reminisces" ...
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Going to my school was an education in itself. Which is not to be confused with actually getting an education (Schultz)
Batty

Postby Del » Fri Mar 09, 2012 2:48 pm

Shup you! :lol: :lol:
Del

Postby Bouncy Castle » Fri Mar 09, 2012 3:12 pm

Koalas, anyone?
Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them.

The rest of us are a bit crap.
Bouncy Castle

Postby Del » Fri Mar 09, 2012 3:22 pm

Depilatory cream perhaps? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Del

Postby Penfold » Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:42 pm

Or toad soap? ;) :lol:
The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense.
Penfold

Postby raptornx01 » Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:48 pm

All mine come from my (lack-of) love life. i have blonde moments. and often need to be hit with a hint stick.

there was a chick i worked with that i was interested in, but nothing much came of it. one day i was coming back from lunch, we met at the timeclock. she turns and asks me "Is there something you wanted to ask me?". i blanked out, and was like, "about what?". she said "nevermind" and walked away.

i got in line to buy something on my way home one day. woman in front of me had a 24 pack of water on the counter. i picked it up and put it in her buggy. she said thanks and laughingly commented about me wanting something in return. i said "no, thats not why i did it". she kinda smiled then she left.

when i used to work for Albertson's a chick came up behind me and asked if i knew where the peanuts were. i turned, raising my hand to point, saw her, and blanked out. i stuttered for a second and said which isle. she said thanks and left. few days later she we were busy and she came to me again, said, and said i sent her to the wrong isle. i apologized, and we chatted a bit. then she left. few days after that, she came in again, no one was around. she said hi, we chatted a bit, she commented i looked like Tanis from the dragonlance books. i had never read them, but assumed it was a compliment. we chatted more, i helped her get some lettuce she wanted. i asked if she needed anything else, she said, no and left. never saw her again.

everytime i would realize it later (usually when i was "busy") and be like, "wait .... dammit."

"The reason an author needs to know the rules of grammar isn't so he or she never breaks them, but so the author knows how to break them."
raptornx01

Postby Willem » Sat Mar 10, 2012 12:11 am

I think the problem is you thinking of them as 'chicks' ;)
Scientists are predicting the future will be much more futuristic than originally predicted
Willem

Postby Catch-up » Sat Mar 10, 2012 12:19 am

Willem wrote:I think the problem is you thinking of them as 'chicks' ;)

:lol: Exactly what I was thinking!
“It is the peculiar nature of the world to go on spinning no matter what sort of heartbreak is happening.”
― Sue Monk Kidd, The Secret Life of Bees:
Catch-up

Postby Catch-up » Sat Mar 10, 2012 12:21 am

ghostsecurity28 wrote: I was quite prepared to try and prove I was a good rider, Unfortunately I was put on a small pony which I was unhappy riding and thought better jump properly just to make up for it I went over the Jump and ultimately fell off, shaking my head I stood up dusted down my jodphurs and got back on where I went over the jump again and again I fell off I was so embarrassed I burst into tears :oops:

That was me just a few months ago. Except it wasn't a small pony, it only happened once and it didn't even happen during a jump. When I fell off the horse was only turning a corner. :roll: :oops:
“It is the peculiar nature of the world to go on spinning no matter what sort of heartbreak is happening.”
Catch-up

Postby Big Aggie » Sat Mar 10, 2012 12:41 am

A few years back, my brother and his wife invited me and the rest of our family over on Christmas day. Later on, a couple of his mates appeared, one of which I quite liked. It was all going well, we all had a few drinks and I was now sitting beside said friend. I decided I fancied a tangerine and while peeling it I said, ''look at this Tommy'' and squeezed the peel which released the acid and it stung his eye. I thought it was really funny, but he didn't and was making a big deal about it. I was almost crying with laughter by now, and my brother asked what had happened. Tommy said, ''your sister almost blinded me'', which now statred my brother off. When we stopped laughing, my brother told him that our mum used to do it to us kids, and we, even as adults, still did it and found it funny. I thought he was going to ask me out, but he didn't. :lol:
I'll tak' yer heid aff, ya big pile o'jobbies.
Big Aggie

Postby raptornx01 » Sat Mar 10, 2012 1:39 am

Catch-up wrote:

What? Cute, soft, and you just want to cuddle them close and protect them forever?

figure of speech. I was mearly Complimenting Her In Concise Kinship
"The reason an author needs to know the rules of grammar isn't so he or she never breaks them, but so the author knows how to break them."
raptornx01

Postby Catch-up » Sun Mar 11, 2012 1:32 pm

raptornx01 wrote:
Catch-up wrote:

What? Cute, soft, and you just want to cuddle them close and protect them forever?

figure of speech. I was mearly Complimenting Her In Concise Kinship

Ah, very nice comeback! It's still not going to help you if someone you're interested in catches you calling her a chick. ;)
Catch-up

Postby Joolz » Sun Mar 11, 2012 9:42 pm

Everyone knows the acceptable terms are 'bird', 'bint', 'flooze' and 'skirt' :orcs-buttshake: :lol:
Tune the world out, turn the radio up
Sing along to my freedom song
Joolz

Next

Return to The Broken Drum