Frustration Thread 2

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Frustration Thread 2

Postby Tonyblack » Thu Jun 23, 2011 7:13 pm

Time for a new thread. :)

Original thread here.
Last edited by Tonyblack on Tue Sep 13, 2011 7:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby Chris » Thu Jun 23, 2011 7:26 pm

How frustrating I never got to contribute to the old thread!
Chris

Postby BatrickPatrick » Thu Jun 23, 2011 7:27 pm

How frustrating I didn't get to post the first frustrated post!
Fus Ro Dah!
BatrickPatrick

Postby Chris » Thu Jun 23, 2011 7:28 pm

BatrickPatrick wrote:How frustrating I didn't get to post the first frustrated post!

:lol:
Chris

Postby Tonyblack » Thu Jun 23, 2011 7:29 pm

Well you've both made up for it now. :P
Tonyblack

Postby BatrickPatrick » Thu Jun 23, 2011 7:38 pm

I'm still frustrated about it though. :(

Also I ate too much sweet potato and it hurts.
Fus Ro Dah!
BatrickPatrick

Postby spideyGirl » Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:17 pm

Its an oldish frustration but I just got reminded of it so am being frustrated all over again...

Blinking Sky + (yes I know evil). Because the last F1 race got stopped for about 2 hours the BBC switched to BBC2 didn't it, I didn't know that until I started watching my recording later that night. One of the best races of the season so far as well. When I switched to BBC 2 is was right at the podium moment. GRRRRR :evil: :evil: :evil: It should be clever enough to move itself across channels by now surely? Watched the highlights but its not the same.
spideyGirl

Postby Chris » Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:25 pm

or
spideyGirl wrote:Its an oldish frustration but I just got reminded of it so am being frustrated all over again...

Blinking Sky + (yes I know evil). Because the last F1 race got stopped for about 2 hours the BBC switched to BBC2 didn't it, I didn't know that until I started watching my recording later that night. One of the best races of the season so far as well. When I switched to BBC 2 is was right at the podium moment. GRRRRR :evil: :evil: :evil: It should be clever enough to move itself across channels by now surely? Watched the highlights but its not the same.

I've been an F1 fan since '75 and that race was probably in the top ten best ever. Sorry to hear you missed it but can you imagine how frustrated the people who left while it was stopped were! Then again serves the buggers right for buggering off :lol:
Chris

Postby spideyGirl » Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:27 pm

Chris wrote:or
spideyGirl wrote:Its an oldish frustration but I just got reminded of it so am being frustrated all over again...

I've been an F1 fan since '75 and that race was probably in the top ten best ever. Sorry to hear you missed it but can you imagine how frustrated the people who left while it was stopped were! Then again serves the buggers right for buggering off :lol:

I avoided the news all day as well and websites in case I heard the result accidently, might have worked in my favour on that day though :roll:
spideyGirl

Postby Chris » Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:37 pm

My son (also an avid F1 fan) and I both shouted at the TV so loudly when Vettle slipped up on the last lap that the dogs started barking too!
Chris

Postby Penfold » Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:44 pm

'Fraid its not just Sky. My BT + doesn't distinguish when a program is over running either. I suspect these companies already have the fixes for this* but its probably not cost effective for them or the broadcasters to implement them.

* Its probably not the case but still makes for a reasonable conspiracy theory anyway. :lol:
The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense.

Len Brook Photography
Penfold

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:25 pm

Did you use a needle Tony to sew the old thread shut. :)
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby Tonyblack » Fri Jun 24, 2011 5:49 am

Who's Wee Dug wrote:Did you use a needle Tony to sew the old thread shut. :)
Nah, nine inch nails. :lol:
Tonyblack

Postby ChristianBecker » Fri Jun 24, 2011 8:30 am

:( Today, after more than 1 and a half years of loyal service, my trusted cordless screwdriver gave up. There was a rattling noise and I thought "Uhoh, looks like the transmission won't make it much longer." Actually, it didn't make it any longer.
Now I'll get a replacement. One of my colleagues already got one of the new ones, and it's balls.
:( :(
Not to mention the cumbersome thing I'm using now until the new one arrives.
On with their heads! I'm the clown prince of fools
if you don't get the joke it's your loss
Love and laughter you see are the new currency
'cause greed's coinage is not worth a toss

Exile yourself to the unforgiving continent of Wraeclast!
ChristianBecker

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:59 am

Tonyblack wrote:
Who's Wee Dug wrote:Did you use a needle Tony to sew the old thread shut. :)
Nah, nine inch nails. :lol:
They were an Ok Rock Band as well. :)
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Next

Return to The Broken Drum