A Pithy Remark

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

A Pithy Remark

Postby MongoGutman » Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:37 pm

(As I'm nearing completion of the next segment of my little tale I thought I'd best lay the question of what Vimes actually said to rest)

.......... Vimes walked over to the desk as Cheery got her little flasks and bottles and glasses out preparing to examine the room. While he couldn’t say he’d actually liked the now deceased Vetinari he had to admit that they’d developed an efficient working relationship over the years. Now, he supposed, he’d have to ‘break in’ a new Patrician - persuade him that there were some things that the Watch wouldn’t do for a start, try to dissuade him from breaking the City like a toddler with a new toy for another.
.......... He stood looking down at the ruins of Vetinari‘s cranium. “I need this like I need a hole in the head,” he said gloomily.
.......... “Very pithy, Sir.” Captain Carrot said dutifully.
MongoGutman

Postby Batty » Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:35 pm

Thank you for that! Image
:lol:
Going to my school was an education in itself. Which is not to be confused with actually getting an education (Schultz)
Batty

Postby MongoGutman » Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:45 pm

You're Welcome
Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change? ~~ Oddball
MongoGutman

Postby meerkat » Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:56 pm

Yep, that is pithy!
Just a meerkat from The Effing Forest
meerkat

Return to The Broken Drum